Home release scheme
The Home Release scheme is an initiative aimed at housing people in appropriately sized accommodation and freeing up much needed family homes in Derby.
If you are thinking about moving to a smaller property, we can offer a financial incentive if you decide to downsize. This applies even if you are moving to another Local Authority property or into a smaller property in the private rented sector.
Some properties advertised on Derby Homefinder give preference to if you are releasing a larger property.
When we agree to a home release application we will:
- arrange and pay for your furniture removal
- disconnect and reconnect your cooker and washing machine
- give you an incentive payment
To apply, you must:
- Be a Derby Homes Introductory or Secure tenant
- Be under-occupying your property
- Have an active application on Derby Homefinder or an active mutual exchange application