Golden goodbye scheme
The Golden Goodbye Scheme rewards tenants who have been responsible, kept to their tenancy conditions and who leave their property in good order when they move out. When you give us notice that you wish to end your tenancy, we'll start to look at how you've managed your tenancy. If you meet certain criteria upon moving out, you may qualify for a payment of £100.
To qualify, you must:
- leave your property in good condition and ensure it's clean and tidy
- have no outstanding repairs that are your responsibility
- remove any items you no longer want
- have no outstanding debts to Derby Homes or Derby City Council
- have not caused any anti-social behaviour
By meeting all of the above criteria, you will have helped us to reduce the amount of time and money we spend getting the property ready for the next tenant.
The golden goodbye reward is not available:
- If you are moving under the Home Release Scheme
- If you are the family or a friend of a deceased tenant
Once you've moved out, we do all the relevant checks and will write to you at your forwarding address to let you know that you're eligible - you don't need to do anything.
If you have moved to another Derby Homes property, the payment will be credited to your rent account. If you are no longer a tenant with Derby Homes we will issue a cheque, which may take up to 8 weeks to be issued.
If you meet all of the criteria, but have outstanding debts, the payment will be refused. No part payments will be made and the Golden Goodbye payment may not be used to offset or reduce any monies owed.
If you meet all other criteria and agree to clear all outstanding debts in full (rent arrears, recharges or court costs, for example), the Golden Goodbye payment may be issued.