Ending a tenancy
If you want to end your tenancy, you need to give the council four weeks notice - in writing. The notice must be signed and dated. If you have a joint tenancy, notice from one tenant will end the tenancy for all tenants.
Returning keys, fobs and permits
Keys, fobs and parking permits need to be returned by 10am on the date your tenancy ends at the latest. If you do not return all of your keys, we will change the locks to the property. We will charge you for the cost of doing this.
Stockbrook Street Housing Office,
839 London Road,
You’ll need to continue paying rent until the end of the notice period, or until the keys are returned to us, whichever is the latest.
Vacating the property
All people must vacate the property by the time the tenancy ends. If we need to evict anyone left in the property, we may charge you for the cost of repossessing the property.
- Leave the property and garden in a clean and tidy condition.
- Clear all belongings and rubbish
- Repair any damage – not caused by reasonable wear and tear.
- Remove any unauthorised alterations to the property
- Leave all fixtures and fittings in the state they were in at the beginning of your tenancy
- If any of these conditions aren’t met you may be charged for the costs we incur including removing, storing and disposing of items.