Coronavirus information and advice
Rent Free WeeksChoose a topic from the list below:
- Your Tenancy
- Paying your rent or service charge
- How we deal with rent arrears
- Rent Free Weeks
- Money and Welfare Rights Advice
Rent Free Weeks
Rents can be calculated over 48 or 52 weeks.
Most of the properties we manage have their rent calculated over 48 weeks, rather than 52. Where this is the case, during the remaining four weeks, there are no debits made to your rent account. These are often referred to as "Rent Free" weeks and are split into two, two-week periods: one at the end of March/April and one at the end of December. Depending on the balance of your rent account, you may still have to pay during these weeks.
If your rent is calculated over 52 weeks, you will not be entitled to rent free weeks.
If your rent account is clear
If you are up-to-date with your rent payments, this means you can treat these weeks as "rent free" and you can choose not to pay during them.
If you owe rent or are behind on payments
If you are in arrears with your rent you must make payments during these weeks. As there is no rent debit, everything you pay will be taken fully from the amount you owe.
The rent free weeks for 2020/2021
- 30 March 2020
- 6 April 2020
- 21 December 2020
- 28 December 2020
- 29 March 2021
Rent Free weeks - Top Tips
- Make the most of these weeks to clear any outstanding rent that you owe on your account
- If you are up to date with your rent, use the weeks to get your rent account in advance
- If you aren't sure about your balance, log on to My Account or get in touch with us
Remember: If your account is in arrears, you will be expected to pay rent during rent free weeks