About usChoose a topic from the list below:
- Mission, objectives and values
- Our Board
- Councillor Board Members
- Independent Board Members
- Tenant Board Members
- Question time
- Operational Board
- Senior Management Team
- Publication Scheme
- Derby Association of Community Partners
- Derby City Council
- Derbyshire Children's Holiday Centre
- Derbyshire Constabulary
- Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service
- DMEX - Derby's Mutual Exchange Service
- Derbyshire Community Bank
- Neighbourhood Boards
- Osmaston Community Association of Residents
- Equality Impact Assessments
- Diverse Communities
- Our Policies
- Mindful Employer
- How are we performing?
- How we manage performance
- Tenant feedback - Your views
- Freedom of Information
- Terms and conditions
- Information Privacy Notice
- Data Protection Act
- Previous Charities
- Annual Report and Financial Statements
- Customer Priorities
Derby Homes Limited is an arm's length management organisation (ALMO) created by Derby City Council to manage, maintain and improve its council houses and estates. The organisation is non-profit making and it does not pay dividends to any shareholders. It is 100% owned and controlled by Derby City Council.
In April 2002 responsibility for managing council homes in Derby moved from Derby City Council over to Derby Homes, along with over 300 staff from the then Council's Housing Services Department.
Only the top performing local authorities had the opportunity to become an ALMO. Organisations like Derby Homes were set up in several areas around the country to bring all council homes up to a 'decent standard.' Derby has been able to obtain extra government support to clear a backlog of £92million worth of major repairs and improvement work. This money would never have been available if Derby Homes had not been set up.
Derby Homes is a registered provider of social housing with the Homes & Communities Agency. Register No 4576
People with Significant Control
From 6 April 2016, company law (the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015) requires UK companies to provide details of people who hold:
- more than 25% of shares
- more than 25% of voting rights
- the right to appoint or remove the majority of the Board of Directors
to be included on a register called the PSC (People with Significant Control) Register.
Under the Local Government & Housing Act 1989 Section 68, Derby Homes is owned 100% by Derby City Council. Therefore Derby City Council has been indentified as a 'person with significant control' over Derby Homes.
Registered Number 4380984
A company limited by guarantee registered in England
Registered Office: Head Office