Dealing with pests
In most circumstances, dealing with pests is your responsibility as the tenant or leaseholder.
Derby City Council offer a quality pest control service for a variety of pests in domestic, commercial and business premises, including:
They can offer one off treatments at affordable prices.
Their fully trained and qualified staff can provide free information and advice, including a free pest identification service, to help deal with any infestation.
For more information, including cost go to Derby City Council’s Pest Control page.
Steps you can take to reduce the risk of pests:
- never leave waste or food items out
- ensure all rubbish is securely contained where pests cannot get to it
- maintain your drainage system properly - repair broken pipes and covers.
There are some occasions, when we will deal with pests such as:
- Infestations caused by faults with the building.
- Infestations in communal areas of a block of flats
We treat each case individually so if you’re unsure who’s responsible, contact us.