Planned maintenance work includes longer term work to maintain parts of your home or the building, if you live in a block of flats. It includes:
- insulation work
- internal decoration (including the home decoration scheme)
- external decoration
- major adaptations and extensions
- repairs to drainpipes, guttering, fencing and gates
- lobby refurbishments
- common room and housing office decoration and repairs
- cleaning communal areas such as lobbies and common rooms
- maintaining the grounds around our housing estates
Our painting contractor paints:
- the exterior of houses (fascia, soffit and render
- gates and fencing
- the interior of communal areas (staircases and lobbies, common rooms and offices)
They carry out the work across the city over the period of the contract (normally five years). They will contact you before they start any work in your area so that you are kept informed of what is happening.
Estate and grounds maintenance
We’re committed to making Derby’s estates places where people are proud and happy to live.
To improve our estates we:
- carry out regular estate inspections
- keep communal areas clean, well lit and well maintained
- maintain communal grassed areas to an agreed standard
- liaise with residents about environmental improvements
- deliver environmental improvements using a range of funding
- work with you on local regeneration projects
- work with other organisations to help make your community safer
- arrange for abandoned vehicles to be removed within 7 days
- remove hate graffiti within 24 hours of being notified, and all other graffiti within 10 working days.
Energy efficiency work
Solid Wall Insulation
This work entails fixing thermally insulated plasterboards to the inside of walls and applying a plaster skim for a smooth finish. The work will increase the warmth of solid brick houses and will help to reduce the cost of heating bills.
We will write to you when we are due to work in your area and ask you to contact us to make an appointment, if you are considering having the work done. We will then do a small survey of your home and arrange a start date with you.
If you live in any of the areas where we have already worked and you decide you would like to have the work done, it’s not too late, please contact us.
Most of the lofts in the properties we manage are insulated adequately. Those that didn’t have adequate loft insulation have already received an upgrade.
If you think that you may need additional insulation, get in touch with us. We can check our records and see how much insulation you currently have.
Cavity wall insulation
We previously carried out a very small programme of cavity wall insulation for properties with cavities that were not previously insulated.
If you think that you may need cavity wall insulation, get in touch. We can check our records and see how much insulation you currently have.