Coronavirus information and advice
Benefits AdviceChoose a topic from the list below:
- Your Tenancy
- Paying your rent or service charge
- Claiming Housing Benefit
- Anti-social Behaviour
- Introductory tenancies
- Helping you manage your home
- Repairs and Maintenance
- Home Safety
- Furnished Tenancy Scheme
- Living in Flats
- Estates Pride
- Estate Management
- Energy Advice
- Parking Permits
- Money Advice
We provide advice to all Derby residents regarding all forms of benefits. If you need support about any aspect of claiming benefits or are unsure what you may be entitled to, there are a number of ways we can help you:
- On person - on an appointment basis at our Customer Service Reception. Contact Derby Advice to make an appointment
- Over the phone – if you are a Derby resident, or a professional who represents or supports clients, you can call the Benefits advice line for help.
- In your home - if getting to our Customer Service Reception is difficult for you, contact us to make an appointment for a home visit
- At weekly advice sessions around the city - Some are drop-in sessions; others are appointment only. Go here to see when we hold Housing Benefit Surgeries.
What if I'm told I'm not entitled to benefit or my benefit is stopped?
Contact Derby Advice for advice about what you can do, and about appealing against the benefit decision. Don't delay, as there are strict time limits. If necessary, Derby Advice will represent you at an appeal tribunal.
How much benefit I am entitled to?
The amount of welfare benefit you are entitled to depends on your personal circumstances. Contact Derby Advice to find out how much welfare benefit you may be entitled to. This is a complex calculation and it’s helpful to speak to an adviser to get a full and accurate assessment.
Where can I get advice on money/debt problems or help with budgeting?
If you are a Derby Homes tenant, you can get advice from Derby Advice's Money advice line. If you are not a Derby Homes Tenant, contact the Citizens Advice Bureau on 01332 228700 or 01332 295711
What is the Council's Fair Repayment Promise?
If you owe money to the Council such as rent or Council Tax, your repayment will be at an affordable rate.
Advice from other agencies
If you are worried about paying your rent or mortgage, Shelter can provide advice to help prevent problems getting out of hand. Contact Shelter on:
• Free telephone helpline: 0808 800 4444
• Web: www.shelter.org.uk/advice
You do not need to be a Derby Homes tenant to access advice about benefits.