Our Money Advice Team provides free, confidential and independent advice around money/debt problems, budgeting, and all welfare benefits. the team operates as part of the Derby Advice service we manage on behalf of the council.
The service is available to:
- Tenants renting a property managed by Derby Homes
- Derby Councillors
- Professionals working in Derby for voluntary sector organisations
If you are renting a property managed by Derby Homes and you owe money to other people or you are struggling with your finances, we can help by offering you a phone appointment with an independent money advisor.
We can help you:
- if you’re struggling to pay your rent
- if you need to know which benefits you may be entitled to
- if you’re affected by the under-occupancy charge or benefit cap
- if you have any benefit letters you are struggling to understand or respond to
- plan your weekly and monthly budget
- sort out your debts, identify the most important debts, and take action
- negotiate with the people or companies you owe money to
- with advice on court procedures, help with replying to court documents, and represent you at court appearances, where appropriate
- deal with Debt Relief Orders or bankruptcy