Rent a garage
We manage a number of garages sites that have availability to rent across the city. Anyone can rent a garage. You don’t have to be a Council or Derby Homes tenant to be eligible. The monthly cost to rent a garage (April 2022 to March 2023) is:
- £42.20 for Council/Derby Homes tenants
- £50.64 non Council/Derby Homes tenants
Rent needs to be paid by Direct Debit monthly in advance.
If you are interested in renting a garage, use the contact form, select 'I'd like to rent a garage' and let us know which area you are interested in. If no garages are available in your chosen area, we’ll add you to our waiting list
What you can use a garage for
Garages can be used for either storing vehicles or storing personal items (see restrictions).
If you want to use the garage for anything else, you’ll need to get permission from us so we can make sure it’s not a health and safety risk or will cause a nuisance.
When renting a garage with us, you agree to not:
- Assign or sublet your garage tenancy
- Use your garage for commercial reasons
- Store more than 2 gallons or 18 litres of petrol or flammable substances in the garage
- Carry out major repairs to any vehicle at the garage
- Act in any way which may cause nuisance, disturbance or annoyance to anyone living, visiting or working in the area
We’ll carry out repairs needed from fair wear and tear. You are responsible for keeping the garage clean and in good condition.
See our Garage Rental Agreement for full details and terms and conditions.