Frequently Asked Questions

How do I report anti social behaviour?

You can contact us in a number of ways or use our Online Reporting Form. Or call into one of our Housing Offices or one of Derby City Council’s customer services centres. Please note if your enquiry is an emergency you should contact the Police immediately.

What type of things can I report to Derby Homes?

Anti-social behaviour can take many different forms, ranging from threatening behaviour to neighbour complaints, from loud music to untidy gardens. If you are concerned about anti-social behaviour, you should contact your local housing office or the Customer Service Team on 01332 888777 for advice.

Who investigates my complaint when I report anti social behaviour?

Your complaint will be investigated by an Anti-social Behaviour Officer at your nearest Housing Office and an action plan will be agreed with you. Full details of the case will be discussed with you at this time.

What support does Derby Homes provide to victims and witnesses?

Victims and witnesses will be offered the support of the Anti-social Behaviour Officer who is dealing with your case.

The ASB Officer will ensure that for those customers who are prepared to go to Court are supported before, during and after Court proceedings.

What do I do if my neighbour is a private resident or an owner occupier?

You should still contact us as we may be able to help. In more serious cases we can use injunctions, even when the perpetrator is not a council tenant.

We also work with Derby City Council Neighbourhood Officers to resolve these issues.

Which partners does Derby Homes work with?

We work with a wide range of partners including Derby City Council, the Police, Derby Community Safety Partnership, Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service and Environmental Services and Trading Standards. Our other partners include Social Care, Probation Service and the Youth Offending Service.

This partnership working means that resources are used more effectively and services are improved.