Derby Advice Training Courses
- Debt and budgeting – to Derby Homes tenants
- Benefits – to all Derby City residents
As well as providing reactive benefits advice, the team work:
- with local councillors - who represent Derby residents
- at appeals or tribunals – we can support residents who appeal benefit decisions and need representation at tribunals
- in hospitals – for in-patients at Royal Derby Hospital, and for patients at London Road Community Hospital who are recovering from acute mental health problems. Advice is also delivered from St James House, Mansfield Road to community mental health teams and their clients
- at events – we work with other organisations to make sure that people apply for the benefits they are entitled to.
- with service users in adult social care – we provide advice and guidance to people moving into their own homes after being in residential care.
- in organisations - where employees are facing redundancy or where there may only be part-time/temporary employment opportunities
- at employability workshops - for young people who are not in employment, education or training
- on employment projects – for example, helping people with learning disabilities to understand the financial impact of starting work.
Derby Advice training courses
The Derby Advice Team run a number of training courses, covering changes in welfare and benefits. These courses are aimed at people working with those who may need to apply for benefits, or who are already in receipt of them.
All courses take place at Derby City Council, The Council House, Corporation Street, Derby DE1 2FT.
To book on a course you should contact Derby Advice on 01332 643394 to reserve a place, or email email@example.com. You will receive joining instructions before the course.
If you have any other queries then please contact Johanna Roberts, Derby Advice Manager on 01332 643408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not an employee of either Derby Homes or Derby City Council and would like to attend one of the courses our charges are:
•One day course -
•Half day course -