Keeping you safe
We want you to feel comfortable safe and secure in your home. We have been awarded the ROSPA President’s Award for Occupational Safety, which demonstrates our commitment to health and safety in the workplace and to our service users.
High standards for health and safety
When we carry out work, we take all necessary precautions to protect our tenants and the public. We have a strong safeguarding policy and will not work in a property where there is an unaccompanied child. We regularly inspect and monitor the standard of work our contractors do, and make any necessary changes or improvements. We also have an independent company that carry out quarterly audits.
For extra security, comfort and peace of mind for residents, we provide:
- a programme in place to survey all our properties for asbestos
- stair lifts
- fire equipment in communal spaces
- individual and communal door-entry systems. Many of these are vandal resistant with a video handset and lock-release button for the main door
- CCTV systems - these cameras enhance community safety by detecting crime and providing evidence for court proceedings
- emergency call systems in some properties
- regular maintenance of burglar and smoke alarms
- annual gas safety checks
- Water hygiene checks
- Community Safety