Our ServicesChoose a topic from the list below:
- Your Tenancy
- Golden Goodbye Scheme
- Paying your rent or service charge
- Direct Debit
- Standing Order
- Direct Payment
- Pay Online or by phone
- PayPoint and The Council House
- Problems paying your rent
- If you don't pay your rent
- Rent Free Weeks
- Claiming Housing Benefit
- Housing Benefit Surgeries
- Antisocial Behaviour
- Noise Nuisance
- Hate Crime
- Support available if you are experiencing Hate Crime
- Being a good neighbour
- Contact Streetpride
- Examples of ASB
- Derby Homes Community Trigger
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Introductory tenancies
- Helping you manage your home
- Tenancy Sustainment Service
- Intensive Housing Management Service
- Supporting people with mental health problems, physical & learning disabilities
- Repairs and Maintenance
- Report a repair
- Missed appointment schemes
- Improvements and alterations you can do
- Improvements we carry out
- Pest Control
- Home Safety
- Fire Safety
- Gas Safety
- Smoke Alarms
- Cold weather advice
- Furnished Tenancy Scheme
- Living in flats
- Communal Areas in Flats
- Mobility Scooters and Flats
- Noise Nuisance in Flats
- Estates Pride
- Neighbourhood Working
- Estate Management
- Energy advice
- Service Charges
- Repair Responsibilities
- Leaseholder Focus Group
- Selling or Subletting your Leased Property
- Leasehold Management: Frequently asked questions
- Parking Permits
- Community Development
Direct Debit is an easy way for you to pay your rent or service charge. It is an instruction from you to your bank or building society authorising Derby Homes to collect money from your account. We will let you know the dates that we will collect the money and how much we will collect.
Direct Debits can be collected monthly on the
Weekly Direct Debits are collected every Thursday.
There are lots of advantages to paying by Direct Debit:
- You don't have to worry about remembering to pay on time.
- You don't have to write out and post cheques.
- You will no longer have to queue at cash offices, banks or post offices.
- Once a direct debit has been set up, you don't have to renew it each year as it's continuous.
- Derby Homes will arrange the payments with your bank, you don't have to do anything.
- If an error occurs, this is covered by an immediate money back guarantee through your bank.
- You have the right to cancel at any time.
- You are given advance notice if the date or amount changes.
- Paying by Direct Debit is less worry and more time to do other things.
To sign up to Direct Debit you need to complete a mandate form. You can download a Direct Debit mandate form from this page or contact your nearest housing office.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
This guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that take part in the Direct Debit Scheme.
The efficiency and security of the scheme is monitored and protected by your own bank and building society.
If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change, Derby City Council will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed.
If an error is made by Derby City Council or by your bank or building society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid.
You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your bank or building society. Please also send a copy of your letter to us.
Need a Bank Account?
You will need a bank account to pay your rent by direct debit. If you don't have one or are unable to open an account, you can get in touch with us for advice and help.