About usChoose a topic from the list below:
- Mission, objectives and values
- Our Board
- Councillor Board Members
- Independent Board Members
- Tenant Board Members
- Question time
- Operational Board
- Senior Management Team
- Publication Scheme
- Derby Association of Community Partners
- Derby City Council
- Derbyshire Children's Holiday Centre
- Derbyshire Constabulary
- Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service
- DMEX - Derby's Mutual Exchange Service
- Derbyshire Community Bank
- Neighbourhood Boards
- Osmaston Community Association of Residents
- Money Sorted in D2N2
- Equality Impact Assessments
- Diverse Communities
- Our Policies
- How are we performing?
- Tenant feedback - Your views
- Freedom of Information
- Terms and conditions
- Information Privacy Notice
- Data Protection Act
- Previous Charities
- Annual Report and Financial Statements
- Customer Priorities
Equality and Diversity Policy
This new policy has an additional approach to equalities, emphasising our commitment to valuing diversity in the workplace and in the wider community. Our objective is to create a workplace culture that respects and values each other’s differences, not merely tolerates them.
In addition, this policy promotes equalities through fairer employment practices and makes our services more accessible to everyone who uses them. An integral part of the policy is equality for:
- job applicants
- service users.
The policy recognises and values diversity with reference to:
- racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds
- women and men
- younger and older people
- disabled people
- sexual orientation.
The policy also covers:
- the support and services we provide Derby Homes' tenants
- issues of policy implementation.
The Equality and Diversity Policy underpins all our other policies, service plans, procedures and systems. The policy sets out our commitment to opposing all forms of discrimination.
Click on the link on the right to see the current policy.