Improvements we carry out
Derby Homes undertakes a series of planned repairs and improvements to tenants homes. This includes:
- fitting PVCu double glazed windows
- external decorating
- repairs before painting
- lobby refurbishments
- common room and local housing office decoration and repairs
- replacement of kitchens and bathrooms
- re-roofing and modernisations
- cleaning communal areas such as lobbies and common rooms
- maintaining grounds around our housing estates
- potential adaptations to your home if you have a disability or illness and there is no option to move you to another property.
The condition of our homes is regularly noted and reported to both Derby City Council and Central Government.
Improvement work may not be carried out if the tenant is in rent arrears, unless an agreement can be made to clear the arrears or maintain agreed arrangements to reduce the arrears.