Get InvolvedChoose a topic from the list below:
- Tenant Panel
- Derby Homes News
- Community Rooms
- Allenton - Slaney Close
- Alvaston -Humber Close
- Alvaston - Watermeadow Road
- Breadsall - Coniston Crescent
- Chaddesden - Max Road
- Chaddesden - Oakleigh Avenue
- Chellaston - Filbert Walk
- Chester Green - Centurion Walk
- Derby, off Uttoxeter Old Road- Rebecca House
- Derby, off Ashbourne Road - Colville Street
- Derby, off Malcolm Street - Tintagel Close
- Derby, off Lower Dale Road - Fairdene Court
- Derby, off Leyland Gardens - Whitecross House
- Derby, off Stockbrook Street - Churchside Walk
- Derby, off Abbey Street - Boyer Street
- Mackworth - Streatham Road
- Mickleover - Holly Court
- Shelton Locke - Acorn Close
- Sinfin - Glengarry Way
- Sinfin - Kestrel House
- Sunnyhill - Donington Close
- Spondon - Craddock Avenue
- Volunteer with Derby Homes
- Incentive Scheme - Give us your views
Associated Library documents
Useful contactsThe HubDerby Homes839 London RoadDerbyDE24 8UZ
Volunteer with Derby Homes
Volunteering can give you the opportunity to try something new, gain experience, develop skills, improve your career prospects, build confidence and meet new people. We offer support and training when you volunteer with us.
Benefits of getting involved
Gain new skills and knowledge to help with getting a job
• Meet new people
• Learn new things
• Improve your confidence
• Become more involved in your community
For full details about these roles, open the PDF files.
- Ready to Let Property Inspector
- Customer Estates Inspector
- Tenant Panel Member
- Milestone House Support Worker
- Milestone House Cleaner
Ready to Let Property Inspectors
Do you want to assess our properties which are Ready To Let in line with Derby Homes Lettable Standards? Following the standards guidelines, you will visit empty properties and consider each on it's merits. Inspections will be made in conjunction with Derbyshire Association of Community Partners (DACP). Results will be reported back to the Tenant Panel.
Customer Estate Inspector
Do you want to help Derby Homes make your estate a great place to live?
If you'd like to help make your neighbourhood a better place to live, why not volunteer as a customer estate inspector? Customer estate inspectors look at the appearance of estates across the city.
Estate inspections give tenants and Derby Homes officers the chance to work together to make your estate a better place to live.
Why should I get involved?
As tenants who live on the estates we manage, it is easier for you to identify the areas that need improvements. You can also see the improvements happening as a result of being involved, it’s the opportunity to have your opinions heard and ideas used to make neighbourhoods a better place to live.
The Tenant Panel for Derby Homes is a group of tenant volunteers set up to look at, review and make recommendations for improvement to services throughout Derby Homes. They play a key role in our regulation, receiving training and support to be able to understand our services and make challenges and suggestions directly to the Operational Board.
The Tenant Panel also act as part of an independent complaints panel, who’s job it is to hear any complaints which have not been resolved by Stage 2 of Derby Homes Complaints procedure.
To date the Tenant Panel have reviewed and recommended changes in the following service areas:
- Repairs and Maintenance
- Support for New Tenants
- Support for Vulnerable Tenants
- Supporting Community Projects
- Energy Efficiency
The Tenant Panel meet every Wednesday 10 -12 at The Hub, London Road.
If you are interested in any of these roles, just get in touch.
Milestone House - Volunteer support worker
You will assist the support team with tasks such as manning reception, answering the phone, supporting residents to contact benefits agency, GP and other relevant agencies.
Milestone House - Volunteer Cleaner
You will assist Milestone’s cleaning supervisor with cleaning the building and maintaining an acceptable level of hygiene throughout. To assist cleaning supervisor with room cleans when necessary.