Get InvolvedChoose a topic from the list below:
- Volunteer Celebration Event
- Tenant Panel
- Derby Homes News
- Community Rooms
- Allenton - Slaney Close
- Alvaston -Humber Close
- Alvaston - Watermeadow Road
- Breadsall - Coniston Crescent
- Chaddesden - Max Road
- Chaddesden - Oakleigh Avenue
- Chellaston - Filbert Walk
- Chester Green - Centurion Walk
- Derby, off Uttoxeter Old Road- Rebecca House
- Derby, off Ashbourne Road - Colville Street
- Derby, off Malcolm Street - Tintagel Close
- Derby, off Lower Dale Road - Fairdene Court
- Derby, off Leyland Gardens - Whitecross House
- Derby, off Stockbrook Street - Churchside Walk
- Derby, off Abbey Street - Boyer Street
- Mackworth - Streatham Road
- Mickleover - Holly Court
- Shelton Lock - Acorn Close
- Sinfin - Glengarry Way
- Sinfin - Kestrel House
- Sunnyhill - Donington Close
- Spondon - Craddock Avenue
- Volunteer with Derby Homes
Associated Library documents
Derby Homes has 22 Community Rooms across the City. The rooms currently provide a large variety of social activities for the local community such as Coffee Mornings, Tai Chi Sessions, Arts and Crafts and Youth Clubs. All the rooms are of a good size and have modern, fully equipped kitchens. Most of the rooms also have WIFI and computer tablets. The rooms all have front and rear ramped access and disabled toilet facilities.
Using your Community Room is a good way of meeting other people, organising and participating in a range of activities and holding social events.
Booking our Community Rooms
The rooms are hireable 9am-9pm 7 days a week depending on availability. We ask that everybody has cleared up and left the building as they found it by 10pm to ensure that local residents aren't disturbed. Tenants who pay a Community Room service charge are given priority for bookings, however our rooms can be hired by others where there is availability.
To book a room you need to contact the Customer Engagement Team . You will need to complete a single use or long term booking form and arrange to collect a key or fob from The Hub at Derby Homes, 839 London Road, DE24 8UZ.
If you are a tenant who pays a service charge for your local Community Room you can use it free of charge to hold events open to the community or for your own private celebrations.
If you wish to book a Community Room for your own private event and you don't pay the service charge there is a booking fee of £20+VAT per 3 hour period.
We welcome members of the public or non profit making groups and organisations who would like to host events at our Community Rooms.
There may be no cost for these bookings as they are benefiting our tenants and the local community.
We do not allow bookings that promote one particular private business above another, nor bookings that are aimed at selling products or services to residents.