Mission, objectives and valuesChoose a topic from the list below:
- Mission, objectives and values
- Senior Management Team
- Publication Scheme
- Annual Report and Financial Statements
- Terms and conditions
- Freedom of Information
- Fair Processing Notice
- Derby Homes Development Sites
- 100 Years of Council Housing
Mission, objectives and values
Our mission statement
"High quality services for people, homes and communities."
Our mission complements the 2020 Vision for Derby produced by the Derby City Partnership and the City Council's Housing Strategy and Capital Strategy.
As a managing agent for Derby City Council, Derby Homes is contributing to the Council's corporate mission:
"To make Derby a city where people are proud to live and the Council a place where people are proud to work."
Our strategic objectives
The strategic objectives and related initiatives for Derby Homes are set out below. The initiatives form part of our Service Workplans and the Consolidated Improvement Plan. Our progress against targets is monitored by Derby City Council, Derby Homes Executive and reported to the Derby Homes Board.
Objective 1 - Service that puts our customers first
Objective 2 - Quality homes and contributing to sustainable communities
Objective 3 - Reducing homelessness and enabling access to affordable housing
Objective 4 - Value for money is a consideration in everything we do
Our values are clear in everything we do, and how we work. We expect our Board and employees to follow our core values, which serve as guidelines for our conduct and behaviour as we work towards our vision.
Our core values are:
- Attitude –We embrace a culture that puts our customers first
- Can do – We adopt a practical and innovative focused approach to delivering our services
- Co-delivery – We recognise the strength of effective partnerships
- Engagement – Customers are represented at every level of our organisation
- Equalities - We strive to understand and enable personalised solutions and meet the needs of our communities
- Excellence - We pride ourselves in striving for excellence
- Good Employer – We value our employees
- Integrity - We are open and honest and we aim to keep our promises
- Learning - We improve our services by listening to feedback and learning from others
- Value for Money - We manage our services efficiently, effectively and economically
- Work Safely - We prioritise health and safety for customers and staff.