Management of council housing
Our core business is the management of and investment in, Derby City Council’s social housing stock, comprising of 12,757 properties of which 60 are shared ownership and 12,697 are for rent. This includes all related services, such as:
- Tenancy management
- Anti-social behaviour
- Tenant engagement
- Tenancy sustainment and support
- Income management and rent collection
- Repairs and maintenance
- Major improvement work
- Planned maintenance
- Estate maintenance
We directly provide services to 649 leaseholders of the Council
Derby Homes properties
Derby Homes is a Registered Provider and Investment Partner with the Regulator of Social Housing and has 100 properties for rent which it owns in its own right. Additionally, Derby Homes operates 5 flats in a Victorian building which it partly owns and manages in partnership with Revive Healthy Living.
Management of other properties
We have agreements with external landlords to manage and maintain their properties. These include:
- Guinness-Northern Counties Housing Association
- War Memorial Village Derby
Derby War Memorial Village
Derby Homes have been managing the properties of Derby's War Memorial Village since 6 May 2013. The village, located on Chellaston Road between Sinfin Avenue and Merrill Way, provides an important, unique service and has a lot of history attached to it. Most of the homes in the village are two bedroom bungalows, although there are some houses, flats and one bed bungalows. Nine of the two bed bungalows were built with special facilities for people with mobility difficulties.
In order to comply with the charitable objectives, all tenants must be ex-service or ex-emergency services; have a connection to Derby or Derbyshire and; have some form of disability. Applications are managed via the local office and forms can be obtained from the links on this page or from Allenton Housing Office, Bingham Street, Derby DE24 9BS.
The War Memorial Village was built between 1947 and 1954 to provide homes for local ex-servicemen and women who had been disabled. The land was donated by Derby City Council and the cost of building was donated by public subscription, with some large donations from companies like Rolls Royce and Great Western Railways, plus many individual donations. The charity is run by a committee of ten, including its chair of 18 years, John Jennings, Councillor Harvey Jennings and Wing Commander Malcolm Young (Secretary). The oldest committee member, Arthur Hibbert, is also a tenant in the village.