The Community Initiatives Team works to promote social inclusion, healthy living and intergenerational events in our communities. Through these events we help and support our residents to deliver the initiatives and developments on our estates. We do this by helping to:
- Encourage stakeholders and volunteers to take part in community initiatives
- Develop business plans for new and developing initiatives
- Prepare and present proposals for consideration by Derby Homes Board and Local Housing Boards
- Get funding
- Manage and monitor community-based initiatives
- Review success against the objectives of an initiative.
We also manage events in community rooms and are working to increase their use through a range of activities such as gentle exercise, bingo, coffee mornings and youth groups. Please see the upcoming events we are supporting in our community rooms here.