Our ServicesChoose a topic from the list below:
- Your Tenancy
- Paying your rent or service charge
- Direct Debit
- Standing Order
- Direct Payment
- Phone and internet
- PayPoint or Contact Centre
- Problems paying your rent
- If you don't pay your rent
- Rent Free Weeks
- Claiming Housing Benefit
- Housing Benefit Surgeries
- Neighbour Nuisance and Anti Social Behaviour
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Hate Crime Reporting and Signposting
- Support available if you are experiencing Hate Crime
- Being a good neighbour
- Contact Streetpride
- ASB Tell us what you think
- Examples of ASB
- Derby Homes Community Trigger
- Recording Noise Nuisance & The Noise App
- Introductory tenancies
- Helping you manage your home
- Tenancy Sustainment Service
- Family Intervention Project (FIP)
- Intensive Housing Management Service
- Supporting people with mental health problems, physical & learning disabilities
- Repairs and Maintenance
- Report a repair
- Missed appointment schemes
- Improvements and alterations you can do
- Improvements we carry out
- Home Safety
- Fire Safety
- Gas Safety
- Smoke Alarms
- Cold weather advice
- Furnished Tenancy Scheme
- Household Contents Insurance
- Living in flats
- Communal Areas in Flats
- Mobility Scooters and Flats
- Noise Nuisance in Flats
- Estates Pride
- Neighbourhood Working
- Estate Management
- Energy advice
- Service Charges
- Repair Responsibilities
- Leaseholder Focus Group
- Selling or Subletting your Leased Property
- Leasehold Management: Frequently asked questions
- Parking Permits
- Community Development
Report a repair
You can request a repair in the following ways:
The easiest way for you to report a repair is online using the 'Report a Repair' feature on your 'Dashboard'.
To request a non-urgent repair, you can email us at ContactUs@derbyhomes.org
If you have an emergency, or want to discuss a repair, call us on 01332 888777 (Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm).
If you ring outside these hours, there will be an answerphone message giving you an emergency number to call.
If you call our Customer Service Team to request a repair you’ll be asked a series of questions so that we can diagnose what the problem is. The Customer Service Advisor will then fix an appointment for the repair to be completed. How quickly the appointment is made will depend on the priority of the repair. For instance, an emergency repair will be dealt with much more quickly than a non urgent repair.
To discuss a repair you’ve already reported, please have your repair order number to hand.
To request a repair by post, write to us at 'The Customer Service Team' which is based at our Head office for further information please click here
You’ll need to provide:
- your name, address and telephone number
- details of the repair
- times and dates when you’re at home
- details of any hearing or mobility difficulties you may have.
When we receive your letter, we can tell you if the repair is our responsibility. If it is, we’ll register it immediately, order any parts required.
Appointment times for repairs
Appointments will be given for either the morning (8am to 12 noon) or the afternoon (12 noon to 5pm), Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays
Please see our page on what will happen if we, or you, miss an appointment
What to expect when work is being done in your home
If we need you to move any furniture or remove any floor covering, such as carpets or laminate, we will give you seven days warning. It is your responsibility to do this before the contractor arrives. Please contact us if you are having difficulty arranging this.
We regret that we are unable to undertake any work in your home without an adult present. We have a safeguarding policy and will not be able to work in a property where there is an unaccompanied child.
You need to make sure that everyone is safe while repair workers are working. For example, keep any pets out of the way, and keep an eye on your children.
In bad weather conditions we will always make things safe but repair workers may not be able to carry out a full repair. This is for their own safety.
All our staff and contractors are expected to be considerate and respectful towards you. We expect you and members of your household to behave in a similar way towards them.